We’ve all had it happen before if you use LED Christmas light decorations or for that matter, non-LED ones. You plug in the set and some or all of them are not lighting up.
This quick video below shows how I quickly troubleshot and fixed a LED Christmas decoration. This time I got lucky in that one of my first steps of tapping or twisting each nonfunctional light appeared indicate the LED having the issue. This is not always the case. Many times I need to use the LED Keeper or Light Keeper Pro (for incandescent lights) to determine which bulb is causing the issue.
Unfortunately, this video does not cover using any of those tools since the tap/twist method worked first. Even though I did not use those tools I have went ahead and linked them below. They are pretty straight forward to use if you follow the directions. If I get a set that requires their use or people request it, I will make a video with them.
Below is a quick video on how I fixed this light up LED Christmas decoration.
Have you ever needed an longer, perhaps a sacrificial rip fence on your table saw? Then you should read ahead.
This is exactly what I needed to perform some tasks that required a longer rip fence than my table saw provided. While the current fence I have is pretty versatile for a stock contractor rip fence it lacks both in length past the table top and the ability to really clap good sacrificial or tall fence additions on.
So, this where I decided to create a quick basic fence that allows me to easily clamp on additional height past my working area – since my working area not only is for the saw on the table saw but also for the router that is mounted on a table saw extension.
I made mine out of some scrap 3/4 MDF and some scrap Popular boards I had laying around after a previous project. The fence is 4 foot long and a few inches taller than my table saw’s stock fence.
In this video I show the process I went about making the rip fence in which I later use in my massive kitchen cabinet building project. I hope you find this video helpful.
So we finally finished our kitchen renovation and move in. It has been a long process but it is with great joy that today, the final drawer front went on. This drawer front needed to be remade due to a calculation error with the bottom two drawers on the drawer stack – which they were supposed to be the same size but I neglected to account for overlay differences. Needless to say, they are done, items are back in their new homes and I’m ready to move on to the next project which is going to be a message center with a work space for a laptop.
Here are a few pictures for before the renovation… I had already removed the old cabinet doors so I could salvage the hardware.
Here are a few pictures of the after the renovation…
It is going to take me a while to process about 764 image and video files totaling nearly 400G in raw content. I plan on processing this down to smaller videos and subsequently a few other projects that spawned from these because of the need for jigs, how I did certain components, etc. I should start having videos as time permits but it is certainly going to take me some time to get of the project process. I’ll release videos as I create them not hold them until all the editing is complete.